6.11.2008

"Come back, child."


I came to a point last night. A point that I haven't been at in a very long time.

The boys were at Mom's, David was outside on our patio, and I decided that I would take a bath. As I was laying back, I heard something that I haven't heard in awhile.

"Come back, child."

How I've missed His voice! I know He's been talking to me constantly. Maybe He's even yelled. But for the past year, I don't know if I've done it purposely or not, I just haven't heard Him. But last night He whispered.

"Come back, child."

Before I went to bed, I opened my Bible for the first time since I was let go from Cross Timbers. I've been away from Him for so long. ::OK, after just changing all the smoke detector batteries in our house, except one, getting back on topic.::

I read some of Genesis, about Noah. He was so faithful to the Lord. He realized that all he needed to do was please the Lord. No one else. It's funny. I had this conversation with a very good friend of mine this morning. She said that someone suggested to her she needed to pick up a book about getting rid of the habit of people pleasing. I reminded her, as He reminded me last night, we don't need to please others. All He asks is for His children to be obedient and pleasing to Him.

I guess I need to be more obedient to Him. I need to listen harder. He's always talking to me and He'll never leave me, even though I stray at times. There's a song by Paul Baloche called "Your Name." The lyrics struck me today:

As morning dawns and evening fades
You inspire songs of praise
That rise from earth to touch Your heart
And glorify Your Name

CHORUS
Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
'Cause nothing has the power to save
But Your Name

Jesus, in Your Name we pray
Come and fill our hearts today
Lord, give us strength to live for You
And glorify Your Name

CHORUS
Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
'Cause nothing has the power to save
But Your Name

I feel more at peace tonight than I have in awhile. My hunger for Him is returning. Now, we just need to find a new church home...

2 comments:

  1. i love the lyrics...now i wanna hear the tune.

    very insightful blog...i too have strayed...and lately there have been several times that i feel he is talking to me..."just read the word" or whatever...and i dont know what it is...but ive been ignoring it. i come up with another reason not to...and even just typing this now...makes me feel guilty for ignoring Him. i dont deserve His mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's one to add to your people pleaser:

    "Obviously, I'm not trying to be a people pleaser! No, I am trying to please God. If I were still trying to please people, I would not be Christ's servant." (Galatians 1:10)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.