This is me. Mid-March 2010 on a family spring break trip to Beaver’s Bend. Besides the scrubs I was wearing (tightly) to work, those pants that I’m wearing were one of two that fit me at a size 14.
Oh the chunkiness. And I don’t mean sweet baby Kimmi, either…. Look at my chipmunk cheeks!! I think it was right after this trip or a little after, I aimed towards a new career goal, to become a police officer. So, I started eating right. Not a down-n-out diet. But watching my calories, watching my portions, and making sure I ate enough healthy things. Now, our diet has never been “bad” (meaning, fast food every night of the week or fried foods, etc.). David is one hell of a cook and knows what to make and how to make it.
We got the P90X DVD set and I started doing a DVD every other day. I never realized just how out of shape I was after doing the Cardio DVD. I will say, I did not stick to the P90X workout regimen. I went at my own pace and chose what DVDs to do. David also helped me do some Cross Fit workouts too.
By April 3, 2010, I was at 165 pounds. Still in a size 12, but not so tight. Then by May 13, I was down to 155. I was on plateau for awhile. For like two months, my weight didn’t change. It was frustrating.
Here I am in July 2010, at Joey’s 4th birthday party. Down to a size 10.
Still fairly chunky around the waist, or as I call it, the "muffin top" area. But I see a huge change in my face.
August 2010 came and it was time for the PACT (Police Agency Combine Test). I had worked my ass off (literally) and did my push-ups (holy crap, I cried through the last 5!!!) and went to do my sit-ups. Had to do 30 in a minute or so (don’t remember off hand). I do know I was like 2 seconds over the time limit. I was disqualified from moving on. Yes, I was devastated. But I was proud of myself. Some of the other women there testing didn’t realize that they had to do full-out push-ups. They thought that they could place their knees down. So HA! The officer who was at the sit-up location told me I did good. I told him, “You know, I lost a good amount of weight training. I just had a baby 8 1/2 months ago! I’m proud of what I did.”
Then finally in November, I hit the 30 pound mark. I finally broke 150 pounds!!! I had joined the rec center (we get a SUPER employee discount!!!) and was trying to go when I could.
Christmas came! I was down to 145 pounds.
Currently, I bounce between 138 (on a good day) and 140 (on a bad day). My size 8 jeans are loose, ALMOST loose enough to warrant going and trying on size 6. So, I like to say if there was a women’s size 7, that’d be me.
But I did it.
I lost 40 pounds in one year. Not by doing some crazy ass diet and seriously whacked out exercise routine, but by myself. It took patience. Patience that I never knew I had. I love how I feel. The energy. The happy-endorphins. I never want to weigh 180 again. It’s not who I am. I still go and work out around 3 times a week and I still watch my food. (Not literally going in my mouth anymore.) Also, with my current job, I am constantly moving and on my feet and on the go! So that helps a lot more than me sitting at a desk 40 hours a week!
My husband has constantly been my encouragement. And loves me whether I was 180 pounds or 138. He’s my rock.
I wish I had a current picture to post, but I don’t! I’m normally always behind the camera!!!
I lost 40 pounds.
You can, too.
(Oh and those pants I’m wearing in the first two pictures? They look abso-freakin’-lutely ridiculous on me now. THEY’RE GIGANTIC!!!!)
Cheers!!!
I love this, Abbi. You are awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I am doing WW, which isnt a diet, but a lifestyle (and much more enjoyable) as well as my own workout routine. I am encouraged by your post! I am 7 lbs from my wedding weight! We rock!
ReplyDeleteYou go, Abbi!! What a wonderful role model you're being for all your babies, especially your sweet baby girl. Its not about dropping as fast as you can as easily as possible (though that would be great!), its about long-term success and a lifestyle change. Thanks for being my inspiration!
ReplyDeleteHow encouraging! 40 pounds in a year is seriously something to be very, very proud of! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a freaking ROCK STAR!
ReplyDeleteWOW. way to go!
ReplyDelete<3