Day 1: Loved This Date - Best Date Ever
This is a hard one for me. David and I have had so many dates and it's hard to pick my favorite! But for all intents and purpose, we'll go with my Senior Prom trip to Sea World!
Senior year. David and I had been dating for almost 2 months. I was not fond of high school. If you know anything about the area of Texas I went to high school in, you'd completely understand. The only best friend I had was at a special school where she finishes her junior and senior year of high school while completing her freshman and sophomore year of college at the same time, so I wasn't too big in school activities except choir and show choir. (Think Rachel Berry of Glee, without the clothing and completely snooty attitude.)
So, instead of going to senior prom (which I was not excited about in the least!!!) David and his mom decided to take me to their hometown near Ft. Hood, TX. While we were there, David drove us to San Antonio to Sea World and to meet one of his best friends from the Marine Corp, Josh and his (at-the-time) VERY preggo wife Julie.
Running around Sea World with the man of my dreams and getting to know a part of his Marine Corp life it was perfect. Except for one of the roller coasters popping my hip out of place and popping it back which, to this day, still bothers me almost daily.
I would trade a million ballgowns and fancy updo's in a heartbeat for a trip like that again. I got to know David so much better and meet the rest of his family. And I didn't have to "party" with stuck-up snobs from my high school. Bonus.
Link up with the girls?!?

I think this is wonderful :-)
ReplyDeleteawww :) thats a great idea! haha and prom schrom. not a big deal at all!
ReplyDeleteI just love this date story!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet - glad you got your fairytale trip instead if fairytale prom wasn't for you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with us for the Valentine's Challenge!
Thats pretty sweet!
ReplyDeleteI love Sea World! What a fun date!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a much better alternative to awkward dances! Love it
ReplyDeleteThis is so much better than prom!
ReplyDelete