… that may still follow my blog and our story.
We are still alive.
So, we moved into our new house in a new neighborhood and new city, about 20 minutes from where we were prior. The house is a lot bigger than previous ones and has four bedrooms, instead of our normal three. And it’s the same amount of rent we paid prior for a smaller 3 bedroom house. Our backyard is bigger, we have a fireplace, it’s just all around a great place for us. It is an investment home, our landlords live in CA, so there’s no chance (that we know of now) of the landlord’s wanting their house back like our old one… So, here’s a picture from when we went to sign the final paperwork and they were still cleaning the carpets.
Because of the rush we were in, all the property management was able to do is get the carpets cleaned. The rest of the house, I’ve spent numerous hours scrubbing floors in the pantry/laundry room, downstairs bathroom, upstairs bathroom, kitchen… I swear the people who lived here before us never cleaned. And the first two weeks we were here, I was suffering pretty good from allergies from the cat(s) they had here. Property management SWEARS there were no cats in this house, but there is evidence besides remaining smell, on the door frames and despite the professional carpet cleaning, anytime I vacuum I pull up more and MORE cat dander. Don’t give me crap there were no cats… there were cats.
We have a mantel which is awesome!!!
And we have a kick @$$ back yard with NO backyard neighbors. It backs up to, like, farm land. And the night sky is awesome. David and boys have gone out a couple times (I think) with our telescope to look at the stars and planets. It’s pretty amazing. Granted, I thought this neighborhood was quiet. Until July 4th hit. We’re not within city limits, so there’s no guidelines or laws regarding fireworks. I wish there was. It sounded like cannons were hitting the house. I went outside, and had David’s paramedic bag at the end of the stairs because I knew someone was going to blow off a body part. Luckily, no one did. But the fireworks went on until 4:00am. All the kids slept through it until about 2, 2:30am when Kimber came in our room. Of course, I had just fallen asleep. And then she kept me up until 4:30. Rough night. But people had fun, never heard any sirens, so as David says, “Whatevs.”
Along with the move, came new cell service and I joined the ranks of the cool kids and I finally got an iPhone. Along with the iPhone, comes fun with apps and finding out about #SheReadsTruth with the app YouVersion. YouVersion is a Bible application and #SheReadsTruth is trending on Twitter. #SheReadsTruth was started by I think 4 women who wanted to get more into the Word. They use devotionals from YouVersion and challenge other women to do the same. I start tonight and I’m so looking forward to it. After being “away” for MANY years after losing practically a dream job because of a church’s poor judgment, I sadly turned my back away from Him. But I have found after the past 3-4 weeks of being back in the Word, I feel more at peace. And peace is what I have needed the past two years everything has gone on. I’m excited now to read and possibly make friendships and hopefully find a church home again.
***If anyone has any tips on transferring pictures from iPhone to computer (not a Mac), I’m all ears!!!***
Blessings!
I can help with the pictures. Connect your phone to your computer with the USB connector. Go to "My Computer" and find your iphone. Keep opening files until your see your pics. Select and drag to your computer to copy them. Does that help?
ReplyDeleteGreat news on all fronts. So glad that things are looking better for you. Your kids are so cute!
ReplyDelete