I’ve been reading along with women all over. #SheReadsTruth is trending on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. I am loving this. I’m using #SheReadsTruth as my daily devotional since we’re not quite settled in to a church home. As I mentioned in my last post, we use the application YouVersion and within that app there are NUMEROUS devotions. Since I came on board in the midst of a devotion the women were already doing, I decided to start on the devotional called “Soul Detox.” And then 11 days ago, they started the devotion simply entitled “Prayer.”
I’m on day 15 of Soul Detox and we’re on day 11 of Prayer. So, I decided to start sharing on Sundays what I’ve been learning and what God is speaking to me here on my blog.
Soul Detox means just what it says. It’s showing me pure scriptures to help reignite my soul. Here are some things that I’ve been learning and relearning and listening to.
*Get wisdom. True wisdom. And get understanding. The way of right-living people glow with light. Keep my eyes straight and keep vigilant, leaving toxicity in the past. I’ll gain new light and I’ll glow again like I used to.
*Put on the armor of God.
Peace = Shoes
Truth = Belt
Faith = Shield
Salvation = Helmet
Word of God = Sword
*Fight on to the finish line. Fight the good fight.
*Stay on track, steady in God.
*Celebrate God all day, every day.
*Don’t fret or worry, instead pray continually. (Which has been severely hard for me the past two years.)
*Hebrews says that Jesus is the centerpiece of everything. “Christ as Son is in charge of the house.”
*We are chosen by God for a new, better life of love. We are to be dressed in compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, and discipline. We need to be quick to forgive. (Which is also another struggle for me.)
*I love how the Message translation puts Proverbs 18:21. “Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit – YOU CHOOSE!”
*I need to pray more over my children, and speak life-giving words to them.
*Think pure, speak pure.
*When I think of something positive about someone, I need to tell them straight away!!
*I need to speak life-giving words to myself. This I struggle with terribly. The devil gets a hold of my inner thoughts and my mind just speaks toxicity.
Next week, I’ll share with you what I’m learning about prayer. It’s the center of every Christian’s relationship with our Father. If you’re interested in knowing more, or talking through any of the scriptures, let me know! I’d love to connect with others participating with #SheReadsTruth.
Don’t worry though. More Schmidt Shenanigans are coming soon…
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.