8.20.2010

Motherhood is sometimes...

... kicking yourself for things you've said to your kids or talked about with your kids.

The example, dear, sweet, precious Joey.

Oh Joey.

One night when David was on shift, I had a killer migraine, was cranky, and wanted NOTHING to do with his and Josh's bickering at each other.  The following conversation ensued:

Joey:  "Mommy, I wanna lay in your bed and watch movie."

Me:  "No, Joey.  Not tonight.  Mommy's got a terrible headache and is exhausted and is completely tired of listening to you and Bubba fight and pick on each other.  No."

Joey:  "But Mommy, my ears hurts."

*Thinking he was possibly having some ear pain from swimming/having water in them...

Me:  "I'm sorry, Joey, why do your ears hurt?  Do you think from swimming too much at Grandma's?"

Joey:  "No Mommy, hurt a'cause you whining too much."

*Oh. Snap. Wait.  Did he really just say that?!

Me, trying to hide the smoke coming from my eyes and ears a la bull style:   "Excuse ME!?  What did you just say to me?"

Joey:  "My ears hurts a'cause you too whiny."

I honestly thought I was going to lose it.  So, I quickly explained he NEVER talks to me like that and to go sit on his bed for time-out.

God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.