8.18.2010

Motherhood is being reminded...

... to count my blessings and be thankful.

On Monday, I had a nice conversation with a mom of 3 kiddos, who she brings to my office.  Her youngest, now 2 months, is precious and seriously, more chunky than Kimber!  (Yes, I know... chunkier than Kimber!  She puts the Michelin tire baby to shame.)

I had made a comment to her that she has super booby-milk and if she had any pointers that I can pass on to our brand new mommies in my office who are struggling.  She said something so profound and touching.  She said, as painful as breastfeeding can be to new mommies and even "seasoned" mommies, to remember that pregnancy, birth, and the time spent feeding your child, whether breast or bottle, is a blessing.

That night, I was reading through some scripture from Biblegateway's reading plan of reading the Bible in 90 days, and this was the scripture:


"When a woman gives birth, she has a hard time, there's no getting around it.  But when the baby is born, there is joy in the birth.  This new life in the world wipes out memory of the pain." ~John 16:21-22 The Message

This version touched me.  And it made me smile and remember my three pregnancies and tough times I had with each 3.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Each pregnancy was very difficult and painful in many ways, but what David and I brought into this world, wipes out the memories of the difficulties and pain we had with each delivery.  I have been blessed with my children, by my children. 

Each holds a very special, individual spot in me. 

And I can't wait to see how they all continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.