9.19.2010

Motherhood is ...

All about LoVeYs!!!

So, I decided to branch out.  We bought a sewing machine off of eBay super cheap about 4 months ago, so I figured it was about time for me to attempt to use it for the first time.  I should rephrase that.  

First. Time. Ever. To. Use. A. Sewing. Machine.

Exhibit A:

I had my mother in law, who is a sewing goddess, show me how to thread it, then I was able to go back and read through the directions and figure it out better.

Exhibit B:


Yes, I labeled the damn precious machine. And I swear, the tension was going to be the end of me.  Or the machine.  Whichever caved first.

I went to Hobby Lobby, which I have decided I am not allowed to go in there by myself again, picked out some cute fabric which was 30% off (SCORE!).

Exhibit C:


And off I went.  I learned that the soft, dotted fabric is pretty stretchy.  In fact, I learned a lot.  Tension sucks. And I need to work on the final stitching after I turn the fabric right-side-out.

BUT

My baby girl LOVES her new lovey.  And frankly, that's all that matters to this mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.