As of today, I have two of my newer mommy friends on the cusp of delivery, one with her fifth child and one with her first. I met Anna through a very special mommy, Natasha, who took my pre-natal shots and the shots of Kimber. Anna is about to delivery her fifth baby, a little boy named Chayden. Heck, for all I know, she's delivering him right now! She is doing something very special for her last birth and delivering him at a homebirth. She's got a wonderful pair of midwives, a fantastic doula, and such a strong supporting family. I am in awe of her strength and her courage. She's getting to have the birth she wants, intimate, and completely controlled by her. She is definitely much stronger than I could ever be. Personally, I'm more of a "give-me-drugs, cut-baby-out" type of birther.
At her baby shower, Tasha took some pictures of us. I was 8 days away from delivering, and I think she was about 29-30 weeks along. I just LOVE these to pieces!
Now, the other mommy I mentioned is Lindsey! She is currently giving birth (or just had) to sweet little girl, Esther. I met Lindsey through one of my patients, and started reading her blog. It has been such a joy getting to know her, talk to her online, and on the phone during our pregnancies. Poor thing has had "all-day sickness" all throughout her pregnancy! But I have fully confidence that by now, she's not throwing up anymore! I'm hoping one day she'll come out to the DFW area and we'll get our girls together!
>>EDIT: Welcome to the world, sweet baby Esther Charis!!! 7 lb 11 oz 11:48am <<
I have a couple other mommy friends that are in the midst of the pregnancies, some for their first and some in their second. My prayer for all of you is the same.
I pray that God will truly bless your family with your new bundle of joy. I pray God's peace, strength, and courage as you deliver in your own special birth plan. I pray that God will shut the mouths and open the ears of your providers when you explain what you want for your births. I pray that your providers will guide you in the right direction to provide you with the best medical care. I also pray that you will heed their guidance. I pray that you will have all the time you need and want to hold, snuggle, and kiss your new precious little one, and I pray that during this time you continue to love your husband more and more and recommit to each other to raise this child in a loving home, teaching them everything they need to know and more.
I love you all very dearly. And happy mothering!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.