7.21.2009

Time for a revamp...

Motherhood. Defined as:

–noun
1. the state of being a mother; maternity.
2. the qualities or spirit of a mother.
3. mothers collectively.
–adjective
4. having or relating to an inherent worthiness, justness, or goodness that is obvious or unarguable: legislation pushed through on a motherhood basis.


Ok. Now, what does all that mean to me? Nothing. Nada. Zelch. Nul.

In the Schmidt House, Motherhood means:

1. Constantly telling the boys to keep their hands to themselves. Such a hard thing to learn at 6 1/2 and 3 years old.
2. Stepping on cars and trains and monkies that are not in their barrell and then attempting to bite my tongue as I want to scream obscenities at such toys and throw them down the hall and into the boy's room.
3. Reminding the boys to say, "Please," and, "Thank you," and to sit down at the dinner table. For some reason, we cannot go a meal without saying it.
4. Getting to crawl into my bed with them, and watch a movie, while my youngest rubs my pregnant belly and "talks" in his own little language to the growing life inside me.
5. Enjoying every, "I love you, Mommy," and hug and kiss that I get every day.

Motherhood is filled with some many aspects for every single mother out there. Motherhood is amuzing, frustrating, enlightening, angering, loving, etc., etc. The list goes on with different adjectives for every mother.

I have decided to revamp my blog for awhile. In the midst of my last pregnancy, I am trying to make an effort to fully enjoy every aspect of what Motherhood means to me. So if anyone reads this blog, I'd love to hear what Motherhood means to you. Stories, quips, anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.