Most of you who read this blog as regularly as I post know about our situation.
More has been added to our saga.
We found out on April 30 (exactly the day after I posted Part 2) that our landlord, who has been told to me, is a pilot and has been transferred back to DFW. And he’d like to move back into his house.
Before everyone goes all beserk… yes, we could say no and finish out our lease which ends December 31. However, we risk having to move the boys schools mid-year again, like we did when all this first started. We have chosen to accept his offer and move out by June 15th.
I am absolutely heartbroken. I cannot explain how much I love this house we’re in and how perfect it is for us. We are having a hard time finding a rental now that we both like. We found one that was a two story with an amazing AMAZEBALLS backyard with a deck, little ponds, and a gazebo. HOWEVER, our current property management was having a hard time getting a response from that house because the landlord lives in Australia. Plus house was fully furnished, but said they’d make arrangements to move furniture out. To me, that threw out warning signs, like the landlord intends to move back and knowing our luck, within 6 months of us moving in.
We found another house that we put an application on and should find out whether or not the landlord will approve. When I spoke with him on the phone, I explained in depth our situation and he seemed quasi-compassionate. The downside to all this, every house we put an application on, they run your credit. Ours looks like it when through a tree mulcher. No point in running our report.
I’m going to be brutally honest here.
I. Am. Exhausted.
I am an emotional mess. The kids are feeding off of it so I’m trying my damndest to control my emotions and my stress around them. It doesn’t help that two out of three got sick.
David has been his normal calm, cool, collected self. His take, “So, we find a new place, pack up and move out. It's not a big deal. We’ve done it before, we can do it again.” I wish I felt that ease that he does. But the thought of packing everything up again and then unpacking everything just makes my head hurt. My heart already feels broken. I know that Christ will take care of it, but it’s the whole idea of God wouldn’t give you what you couldn’t handle. I just wish He didn’t trust me so much. So, tonight, when the kids are all in bed, I’ll follow through with one of my most favorite quotes of the time being from the movie Fearless with Jet Li.
“Cry when you’re sad. When the tears stop, life will go on.”
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.