
Here we are! Day friggin’ 4 peeps! Can you stand the insanity!?!?
So Day 4 is: Love Weddings - Share your wedding photos, your friends or families, or your pinterest inspiration!
David and I got married on August 24, 2001. I was 19, almost 20 and David had recently turned 25. We got married on a Friday evening at a church that I had been attending for quite awhile.
Our wedding was small. I think we maybe paid barely over $500 for our entire wedding and honeymoon. We got married locally and then drove to Salado, Texas and stayed in a beautiful bed and breakfast.
The church was already decorated with lovely fall ribbon and flowers.
Our wedding cake was a wedding gift for a very sweet friend of mine.
My dress was a simple, ivory chiffon that cost only $90. The tux rentals were cheap as well. And my best friend wore the perfect dress to go with my pink roses.
A friend of my parents took some pictures for us.
Some girls, go for the all out HUGE dream princess wedding. I’m not some girls. I wanted something small and more intimate. Looking back now though, there are some people I wouldn’t invite and a lot more that I would. It's amazing, after almost ten years of marriage, how people come in and out of your life. Some good, and some really bad.
This August will be 11 years of marriage and 13 years together (for the most part, if you count the time when David and I only talked online!!! which is a whole other post in itself!)
So, on to the pictures! Mouse over them to see the caption.
I wouldn’t change anything about our wedding. David and I have been through a lot together in the past 13 years. And I wouldn’t change anything about that either. It’s made us who we are as individuals and as a couple and now as parents to three beautiful children.
Thank you for letting me share about our wedding and thanks for reading along. So. Will you link up?!
love the pics. love the frugality of the wedding (you should write a book!)
ReplyDeleteahhh, 13 years
<3
So very sweet :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with us for the Valentine's Challenge!