2.18.2011

Wow… it’s been awhile

So, I don’t get how stay-at-home mom’s do it.  I’ve had some days where I want to lock the kids myself in the closet.

I’ve been wanting to blog for two weeks.  But I’ve been trying to get into a routine with the kids.  *(So, KUDOS to all of you stay-at-home moms who find the time to blog everyday and run a successful household and everything you do!!!)*

And then once I get going, it ices over.  Or it snows.

But, I think I’ve finally got it.

Been going to the gym after the boys go to school.  Then coming home, giving Kimber a snack (and Joey, on the days he doesn’t have school) then putting them down for a nap.  Lately, they’ve been napping from about 10 to 12 or 1!!!  Then it’s lunch! Then we run a couple errands and this past week,  we’ve hit up the park and library before we get Josh from school.  

We finally got to have Josh’s little sleep over with his BFF Michael.
Josh picked his dinner:  ribs and homemade mac-n-cheese!

Kimber got to join us like a big girl at the table!



Now, I make bows and clippies and satin flowers.  Kimber always seems to find the scraps that fall to the floor before I can sweep them up.  She knows what I make, and I find her like this some times…

Yes.  That is a scrap of poly-satin in her hair…

David worked on Valentine’s day so we had our family one the day before.  We cooked steaks over our fire pit and they were stinkin’ nummy.

Today, the weather was HOOOOOTTTTTTT!  85 degrees hot.  Kimber got to wear her little sundress my parents got for her when we all went down to San Antonio.  We got it at one of the market vendors’ stores.  SUPER cute.  And then, today, we had to go shopping for Josh for his trip to the Meyerson Symphony Center next week.  They’re not allowed to wear jeans… boo.  But I found the CUTEST sandels for Kimmi.  She freakin’ loves them!!






And wrapping up this post, I leave you with my sleeping princess and her precious toesies…

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Girl, I've only got one and I get in a time warp and end up finding no time to get a post up...how in the world do you ever find time to do a blog, let alone one that's so pretty and well spoken?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya'! I'm just now getting the hang of this SAHM gig and Mallory is TWO! I've learned that you just have to make time for yourself to do the things you love. So what if the dishes aren't done every night? or if you have a pile of laundry that needs to be folded? Take an hour or two for yourself, make a bow, write out a post. I promise the dishes and laundry will still be there when you're done!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.