After much discussion within our family, we’ve made the decision for me to stay home. I have been the office manager of a pediatric clinic for almost 3 years now, and before that I worked for about 3 years at our old church, before that another church for 2 years… it’s time for me to stay home.
My babies need me home. My husband needs his wife home.
I need to be a better wife and mommy, and now I can be.
I know it’s not going to be a picnic. I know somedays the kids’ll probably lock me in a closet somehow… or the tables might be turned and I’ll wanna lock THEM in a closet. I’m ready for it.
There are projects that I want to accomplish, bows I wanna make, tutus I wanna make. I want to reconnect with some mommy friends.
Here’s to changes. I’m ready for them. (I just hope the kids and husband are ready for them, too!)
yay for changes! I'm sure you'll love it like I do (9 minutes of every 10. or so) !! Enjoy :)
ReplyDeleteYay for staying at home! I love it!! Though, my husband is a stay at home dad too right now since he is basically getting paid to go to grad school... so I don't TRULY know the challenges of a REAL stay-at-home mom who is alone all day. You are going to love having that time--- I do know that!
ReplyDeleteYou will love it. Just make sure you fit some "me" time in there or girls night out, or date night, here and there. If not, you may got slightly crazy..as the rest of us WAHM/SAHM Mommies are. Enjoy the moments with the kids, embrace it and take lots of deep breaths:)Happy Mothering!
ReplyDelete@Truthfulmommy
www.motherhoodthetruth.com
So excited for you!! I'm sure it had to be a hard decision, but from what I am told from other mom's who's children are grown it is well worth it & the best time of your life!! They really do grow so quickly & it's nice to be the one who gets to share every moment of their day even if you do go crazy every now & then!! I wouldn't trade my time at home for anything!! I love it!! Congrats on your new promotion!!:)
ReplyDeleteVERY exciting, but VERY hard at the same time! I quit my job to stay at home back in August and some days I still struggle with it!
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at your latest post and threatening to 'high five your face'-that is a new one I'll be using on MY kids!! :)
Love your blog!!