10.09.2010

Motherhood is ...

... enjoying the little things.

Little things like favorite quotes that hit me in my heart. 

"We cannot love anybody with whom we never laugh."

I am on a "daily thought" email mailing list from Real Simple.  *(If you haven't seen the website or the magazine, I seriously suggest you check it out.  It is by far my favorite magazine out there!!)

This quote struck me.

Hard.

I love it so much, that I added it to my blog title.  
 
My husband can make me laugh, like full blown peeing-my-pants-crying-my-eyes-out-snorting-like-a-pig laugh.  One word.  One band name.  Journey

My boys can make me laugh.  For example, we let them attempt to build a tent in the front yard.  We let them use a tarp that had been sitting in the backyard and had some ants on it.  Shocker.  I know.  Ants in Texas?!  Anyhoodles, we gave our oldest a broom to start sweeping them off and our four year old came in the house screaming about the ants.  David told him, "Joe, just knock them off.  They don't eat much."  Joey goes running into the garage screaming to Josh,

"Bubba!!!  Get me a hammer!  I gotta knock ants off!"

My baby girl can make me laugh.  She's coming into her personality day after day after day.  I laugh at how she waves at 'hi' and 'bye'.  Almost like she's shoo-ing us away like we're peasants and she's the princess. (Should I be worried that she already knows she's a princess at 10 months of age?!?!) I laugh at her silly, squishy, cute face when she scrunches it when David puts his face in front of her tray when she's sitting in her highchair.  

Plain. And. Simple.

The little things are perfect.  I love them.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, laughter is what makes our heat smile we need it to truly love. Lucky for me, my husband is as silly as they come ad loves to make us laugh as well as laugh himself! Happy Mothering!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.