We are an outdoor family.
We love being outdoors.
David and I took a little overnight date night to our lease October 15-16. Some of my friends think I'm crazy for wanting to go to the deer lease with my husband. As my dear friend Anna said (and I quote), "I would rather stab my eyes out than have a date at a deer lease. Just saying..." (By the way, seriously, check her blog. Full of some real health advice and some serious motherhood hilarity.) And some husbands don't want the company of their wives. Some men feel that is the "man lease" where they can swap manly stories, be away from nagging wives and screaming children. Believe me. I understand both sides. (Hence, why I don't go every time David goes.)
My response, however, to each their own. I love getting to spend time with David when he is in his full element. He is most happiest when he is outdoors and away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Things are simple at the deer lease. I love getting to watch him. It's just fascinating to me. I love the one on one time with him, even when we can't talk because I have to be quiet in the blind. (And, yes, for those who know me, it is EXTREMELY hard to be quiet.)
So, we went to go set up for deer season by setting this up:
Ain't I cute?! That thing was so freaking heavy to help move, but I did it! And I didn't pull a muscle or anything and BONUS, I didn't complain! Woot!
And I got this picture...
MMMMMM... he's yummy!
So, after we set up the blind, he took me to shoot the AR-15.
I fell in love with this rifle. I probably will never desert my Glock 23, which was on my hip the entire trip. But that rifle shot like butta. So smooth. So easy. I'm officially addicted to her.
I took a couple pics of some cool bugs.
So, after setting up the blind, shooting some weapons (oh, Uncle Ted would be so proud!), we went out to sit in the blind for a little.
Peek-peek!
We were sitting in the blind for about almost an hour and half (between 5:45pm and 7pm), and I was starting to doze off for the first second third time. David excitedly (is that a word?!) taps me and says, "There is a pig behind you!!"
I was like, "Yeah, whatever. You're full of it," thinking that he was kidding with me, trying to get me to stay awake and interested in looking for signs of life.
He starts to grab the rifle, and I look behind me and I see the bad boy. I see David out of the corner of my eye grabbing the rifle and looking through the scope. I immediately ducked and plugged my ears.
Two shots later, we got this biggin'.
He is currently at the processor and will be on my table in the next two weeks. Woot!!!!
So, there is my first hunt for the season. It was a successful hunt and a much needed get away, since the week after we came back was BUSY!!! I will post about that maybe this weekend! Lots of pictures to try and edit!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.