1.16.2009

Really Rough Two Weeks

From issues with a past employee, losing a precious patient of ours, to this.

The doctor I work with... it breaks my heart... her 22 year old son was tragically killed in a car accident last Sunday morning in Dallas. She called me right as church was letting out, pretty much in hysterics, saying that he was in an accident and no one at Medical City would tell her what was going on. Luckily, the nurse that works with us and someone who is becoming such a close friend to me, was in Dallas when I called her and she rushed over there to meet Dr. K and her family.

Adam was such a sweet guy, had such a big heart, and a fabulous laugh. It is such a shame that the rest of the world won't get to know him personally. This is one of the tragic accidents that we won't understand until we get to see God. Until then, I have been in constant prayer for Dr. K's family and Adam's dad's family. To lose a son... I can't even imagine the pain they're going through. All I know is that I will do what I can to offer comfort to them, and continue to pray that God will give them understanding and peace.

It's been an interesting week. I've known Dr. K for five years now. She was Joshy's pediatrician, and then Joey's, then she left that clinic to open her own here in Keller. I first knew her as a pediatrician, then she hired me, and I got to know her as an employer. Now, after getting to meet some of her extended family, and get to know her friends and family... what an amazing, driven woman! She's got the best family support and her friends... if only I could have friendships like that! She has been truly blessed!

Anyway, please continue to pray for her and her family. Adam was her only son, and she loved that boy more than life itself.

G'nite.

1 comment:

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.