So, I'm sitting on my couch. Watching randomness on TV. Thinking about my future, and where God wants me and wants from me...
So far, I've come up with:
1. God plants me where He feels I need to grow and bloom. I need to learn not to fight Him, and just let my roots grow. There's a song from some ABC Family movie, "Roots Before Branches."
"Gotta have roots, before branches
to know who I am
find out who I wanna be
and faith, to take chances
to live like I see
a place in this world for me."
2. God uproots me when He knows that the soil isn't right, or I won't get enough sun or water.
3. I feel sure that God has placed me in the right soil, for now.
Reason I type all of this is because I'm in a great place right now spiritually. I'm being fed again. All thanks to some ad my mother-in-law found in the Haslet paper for this brand new church. The pastor teaches the Bible. Not just about the problems people face everyday, he teaches God's word and how it can relate to our lives and how we're supposed to live. And I've been led to lead worship with a really fun guy, who someone asked if he was my brother. Little weirded out by that, but I guess that's a good thing, too. We blend really well and he's a great guy to get to sing with! But the bonus for me is that I'm back reading the word after an almost two year hiatus.
So yah... that's enough rambling for one night. I'm a bit lonely since my hubby is gone for the week, so there might be more throughout the week...
so glad God is using your beautiful voice somewhere. Glad you are happy and back where you need to be.
ReplyDelete