The Bad:
They're doing work on the sewer line in our backyard. We're lucky enough to have the manhole in our backyard. Keep in mind, that about 8 months ago, I come home to find the City of Keller in my backyard randomly. I go out and ask if I can help them and they said they found what they've been looking for for 20 years! Yes, that's right the lovely City of Keller lost a manhole.
Backing up to about a year ago, we lost a leg of electricity coming from the cluster meter to our house in our backyard. We've had a temporary line above ground... yada-yada-yada... in process of fixing it. We know it's a hazard. Don't preach, it's been a long day...
We well informed the hispanic workers about the line. What did the idiots do? They hit it! Luckily the power didn't go out for more than 30 seconds, but still!? They weren't even going to report it!!!! So, I went above their heads and called the City Engineer and spoke with him personally. He sent out the electric company to take a look and we're finally getting somewhere... I'm still pissed that they're being idiots and don't recognize a LIVE FREAKING WIRE! Onto the good...
THE GOOD:
The website Care.com is FABULOUS! Now granted, last week, I got stuck with a 22 year old who acted like she was 15, who left Joey in an acidic poopy diaper for two hours and let Joshy sit on the toilet tank and make it leak and I came home to an almost flooded bathroom... and then bails on me for this week because her dad (keep in mind she's 22) won't let her over at our house because we have guns in the house used for protection and hunting... SERIOUSLY!?!?
That's beside the point!
I found a wonderful sitter. She's older, married, loves dogs, and has a master's degree in journalism. She played games with the boys, colored with them, played playdough with them, helped Joshy on the computer (by the way, she teaches a computer class for young children!), and cleaned my house. That's right everyone, she cleaned the kitchen, living room, and boy's bedroom!
So in the midst of coming home to three electricians and all that hoopla, I came home to happy children and a clean house. She was a life saver today and the boys took to her immediately and Joey cried when she left!
So, I'm done for now! Thanks for reading!
yay, yay, yay!! Iwill have to keep that website in mind for Toot! So glad your day turned out ok!!
ReplyDeleteis there a point to pointing out they are hispanic? or are you just racist?
ReplyDeleteTo the "anonymous" person who left the above comment: No, I am not racist, never will be. I was pointing out their ethnicity. If they were African-American, I would've put that. I was making a point. I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.
ReplyDeleteThe nurse I work with is hispanic, and found no wrong doing in me pointing out the ethnicity. The only problem we found was the fact that you remained "anonymous" and to us, that shows us you're a coward.
Thank you. If you don't like my blog, DON'T READ IT.