8.24.2008

7 years married, 8 years together, 9 years we've known

David and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary today. We met online this same weekend in 1999, we started dating in March of 2000. The rest is history.

We got to stay the night at the Gaylord Texan, thanks to our chiropractor's Valentine's Day giveaway. We got the Wedding Dreams package, which gave us his and hers bathrobes, rose petal and orchid turn down service, a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a free breakfast. We went swimming first in the indoor pool, which was nice and then we went to Big Buck at Bass Pro for dinner and had a delicious steak with baked potatoes. Then we went back to the Gaylord, to Ama Lur's Margarita Bar. I found a new favorite drink!!! It was a Raspberry Pomegranate Mojito made with Bacardi Razz, soda, lemon, mint, and pomegranate juice. They were DELICIOUS!!!

We had a great time goofing around, getting locked out of our room because our key card stopped working, playing in the pool, flirting like the old days, stealing the roses off of the room service carts sitting in the hallway...

I do have to say the Gaylord is horribly overpriced. Our breakfast was kinda crappy for $55. The drinks were overpriced, the room for a regular stay is like $500... But it was fun to get away and now we get to say that we've stayed at the Gaylord.

We were going to go to the Glass Cactus, however, I noticed that Carroll High School class of 1998's reunion was going on and I honestly did not want to see any of those people. Certainly when all I wanted was to spend time with my husband. At least I got a cool robe too!

So, to my husband: I love you with all of me. Thank you for making the past 9 years of my life special. Here's to many more years to come and many more adventures in parenting and life together. Love you always!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like an awesome anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.