So, today we went out to Mom and Dad's house for some outside time so the boys could blow some stink off. We just bought the bike that David's on from some friends so David has a new toy/tool (depending on the day...). In the video, Joshy is on the red 4-wheeler. He's getting really good at riding!! Here are some other pictures!
He's my, "Cooooooooool Rider, A Cooooooooooool Rider!"
So for some updates:
1) Joshy started kindergarten and is having a good time. He's had a rough start, poor chatty child. But he's learning when he's allowed to share his stories and when not to, like during fire drills... It's been an adjustment for him getting up so early, since school starts at 7:50, but he's doing great. He's made some friends and gets to see his cousins at lunch and on the playground and he's got a neat teacher.
2) The issue with the babysitter... this was the girl who lived in Haslet that I was taking Joey to when both David and I work. He'd gone a couple of times and the last time was the day before Joshy started school, so he went too. After I had picked them up and gone to Meet the Teacher Night, we went to Mom and Dad's to shower/bathe. That's when I saw them. The bruises, the bites... Her two year old went to town biting his back, breaking skin... then there was hand mark bruises, not just slap marks, but bruises on his upper legs and a hand grip mark on his right forearm from where she squeezed him so hard to leave bruises.So, came home and filed a report. We're still in the midst of it, so to speak. It's the "hurry-up-and-wait-game." And it sucks. That's all I'm going to say about that.
3) So, we're still trying to find a good place for Joey. If you know of one, let me know, please. The weeks go: Monday & Thursday ~or~ Tuesday & Friday ~or~ Wednesday. David works two days off, one day on. I work every day. Wednesday until 12.
That's all I got people!
Joey and I say, "Goodnight!"
First, I LOVE the Grease 2 reference! One of the best movies EVER! Second, so horrible about the babysitter. It makes my heart hurt--I can only imagine what y'all are feeling! Hang in there!
ReplyDelete