3.05.2011

To the zoo!!! And playing catch up… {Part 1}

My parents came in town last week and we had some fun!  We had our Cub Scout Pack’s Blue and Gold Banquet where the boys earned their new ranks!  I wasn’t able to get many pictures and this cute one of the boys I got, I tried the best I could to get rid of Josh’s red-eyes!

JoshJoeyBanquet

kimmichug

Then we went to the Ft. Worth Zoo!  They’ve got some pretty amazing things going on right now and I’m hoping we can go back beginning of April and hopefully see some babies!  I know we saw at least one pregnant gorilla mama!  I also had fun taking pictures of butts.  Yes, butts.  It made the zoo even more fun for me.  And David and I decided that we completely missed the memo that it was “emo” day.  There were some VERY interesting dressed people that I snuck pictures of.  Hee-hee-hee…

The flamingos were amazing, and amazingly LOUD!  Their colors were vibrant bright salmon and a soft ballet pink!  Even saw a baby (that was gray!).

kimmiflamingos flamingolong

After the flamingos, we went into the primate indoor area to take a look at what we could see indoors since it was a cooler morning.  We came across this big guy.  Looked like he had a bit of an upset stomach.  It’s a horrible picture, but you can see he’s got his hand/paw up to his mouth and he was coughing.

COUGHINGGORILLA 

Now, the next picture is not for the faint-of-heart.  It’s pretty nasty.

gorillanastiness 

Yes, he threw up in his hand.  And yes, he began to ate it in front of us.

Which then reminded me of a time when my best-friend from high school, Jessica, and I went to the zoo back, oh, 15 years ago or so.  An orangutan decided he’d be ever so nice and pick his nose for us and then wipe it in front of us on the glass barrier.

I think these primates are smarter than what we give them credit for.  But I digress.  They’re still nasty.

The elephants were majestic.  Joey loved them!

elephantlong

I will continue this post later with more pictures.  I got some good ones!!! And I have to tell about my new job!

1 comment:

  1. haha...you are too funny w/all your zoo pics! what's the new job?! how long are you going to leave blogland in suspense ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are good. The cleanse the soul.